No matter what the celebration, when thinking of something a little different for the man in your life, why not skip the tie or aftershave and treat him to an adventure of a lifetime.
From brewery hopping in Belgium, dogsledding in Siberia, fly fishing in Bolivia, roping cows in Wyoming – here's eight vacation ideas dedicated to creating a celebration he’ll remember.
1. Machu Picchu, Cusco, & The Sacred Valley –With great guides to make the most of his adventure, Dad will access the Incan Empire’s most iconic site, scour the winding streets of Cusco, and ride the rails across Peru without getting lost in the crowd. http://gondwanaecotours.com/tour/machu-picchu-tour/
2. Siberia Escapade – This experience is perfect for the daring Dad who has seen it all. On UNESCO-listed Lake Baikal, he’ll race teams of sled dogs, ice-fish and sweep across the lake by hovercraft. In Ust-Ordynski, he’ll discover one of Siberia's Buddhist monasteries, and participate in a sunrise shaman ceremony at Olkhon Island's best-known spot, Shaman Rock. http://www.mircorp.com/trip/siberian-winter-escapade/
3. Fly Fish Amazon – Golden Dorado fishing, in general, is something special. But fishing a remote freestone stream where the Amazon merges with the Andean hardwoods pushes this tour from special to extraordinary. Dad will spend four nights at a lodge near the Chimán Indian village, fishing rivers inhabited by two different Dorado species and other fish from the Amazon basin, such as the Pirapitinga or Amazon Pacu and the Yatorana. http://www.frontierstravel.com/tsimane-secure-agua-negra-lodge
4. Roping & Ranch Skills Retreat – On this inaugural “Roping and Ranch Skills” retreat, Dad will spend five days learning roping fundamentals, cattle work techniques, and western horsemanship from expert horse trainers, wranglers and riding instructors at Red Reflet Ranch. Wine tastings, ranch-to-table haute cuisine, and other exciting ranch activities round-out this authentic ranch getaway. www.red-reflet-ranch.net
5. Galapagos Multisport Tour – Perfect for an athletic Dad, this itinerary allows you to explore the Galapagos the active way. Hiking, kayaking, biking, snorkeling…and of course, amazing wildlife! Paddle with sea lions, dolphins, turtles and bountiful birdlife. http://www.adventure-life.com/galapagos/tours/998/galapagos-multisport
6. Cycle Remote Vietnam – Dad will head to the remote region of Ha Giang in the north-eastern corner of Vietnam. Rice paddies and primary forests provide an attractive canvas as gests bike their way up through vertiginous passes on the road less travelled. http://www.rideandseek.com/local/vietnam
7. Belgium Beer Bike Tour – Biking Belgium is truly a beer-loving cyclist’s dream, as there are 1,130+ beers brewed in country. This unique itinerary offers access to more boutique breweries than any other European bicycle tour. http://www.ciclismoclassico.com/bike-belgium/
8. Explore Canadian Rockies by 4×4 – On this all-inclusive trip, Dad will travel by 4WD vehicle from Calgary through the Banff and Jasper National Parks. This adventure affords the possibility to witness the Northern Lights in addition to all of the beauty and wildlife of The Canadian Rockies. http://bigchilladventure.com/trips/canadian-rockies-september-2016/
Photo credits: www.sublimepub.com and their clients.